Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Thursday of Daily Math Week 2.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Thursday of Daily Language Week 2.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about Mice Twice by Joseph Low
• design and write about a healthy meal for an animal friend
• do some animal yoga
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• Look at the picture on the cover. What do you think the story will be about?
• What do you think the title means?
• Why do you think cats and mice are enemies?
Step 2: Read Mice Twice by Joseph low
If you have the book Mice Twice, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• What is the moral (lesson) of the story?
• Who was the most clever character in the story? Explain your thinking.
• Did you like the ending of the story? Tell me more.
• Do you think friends are important? Explain.
• Cat had a craving to eat something. What kind of foods do you like to eat?
• If you could invite your favourite animal for dinner, what animal would you invite? Why?
Step 4: Create a Poster
Next, onto creating a poster to show a healthy meal you would serve to an animal friend. Which animal would you like to invite over? What will you serve? Cut out some pictures and paste them onto the plate.
Work with your child to complete the activity. Print the document below.
Part D: Get Moving – Animal Yoga
Time for some animal yoga fun!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to do some animal yoga.
Just click on the link below and follow along with the video.