Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Wednesday of Daily Math Week 2.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Wednesday of Daily Language Week 2.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
• write a reading response
• colour your own rainbow fish
• play a game of GO FISH!
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• Look at the cover page. What do you think the story will be about?
• Do you think the Rainbow Fish is kind or unkind? What are the clues?
• Have you ever had something that someone else wanted? How did that feel?
Step 2: Read The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
If you have the book The Rainbow Fish, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• How does Rainbow Fish feel about sharing? What do you think he should do?
• How is the Rainbow Fish different from the other fish?
• How did the Rainbow Fish finally make friends?
• Why did the Rainbow Fish go see the octopus?
• What was your favourite part of the story?
Step 4: Reading Response – Your Favourite Part
Next, print the following page and have your child draw their favourite part of the story. Guide your child in writing a sentence about their picture.
Step 5: Get Creative!
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself
Next, onto colouring your own rainbow fish! Where is your rainbow fish? Colour in a background.
Part D: A Game of Go Fish!
At the end of the day, play a fun game of Go Fish!
Check out the link below to find out how to play.