Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Tuesday of Daily Math Week 2.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Tuesday of Daily Language Week 2.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
• discuss the story
• create a missing saving trees poster
• take a nature walk
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• What do you think the story is about?
• Do you think the Lorax is a hero or a villain?
• Do you think trees are important? Why?
Step 2: Read The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
If you have the book The Lorax, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Save the Trees Poster
Next, onto creating a poster stressing the importance of saving the trees! Print off the document located at the links below.
Work with your child to complete the activity. Remember for a top-quality poster the message should be clear and easy to read.
Part D: Outdoor Fun – A Nature Walk
Time for some outdoor fun!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to go outside. Remember to maintain your “social distance” from others!
Walk around the neighbourhood. See if you can find everything on this nature walk hunt.
Here are some discussion starters to make connections with The Lorax.
• How are the trees in your neighbourhood different from Truffula Trees?
• Can you spot an animal?
• What can you do to help Nature? (e.g., pick up litter off the ground)
Print the following document and follow the instructions.