Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Monday of Daily Math Week 2.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Monday of Daily Language Week 2.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about When a Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore
• answer the questions about the story
• watch a video to learn how to draw a picture of a dragon
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• What do you think the story is about?
• In this story, a dragon moves into a boy’s sandcastle. What do you think the dragon is going to do?
• Do you think the dragon is going to be naughty or polite?
Step 2: Read When a Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore
If you have the book When a Dragon Moves In, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video, print the document located at the link below and work through the questions with your child.
Step 5: Draw a Dragon
Next, ready for some drawing fun? Find some paper and something to draw with. Learn to draw a dragon by following the steps in this video located at the link below.
Consider hanging the completed page on the fridge or another special spot afterwards as a way to recognize your child for their fantastic effort and imagination!
Part D: Get Moving – Animal Yoga
Time to stretch and get moving!
You’ve done such a great job today – next it’s time to do some animal yoga.
Click on the link below to watch the video.