Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Friday of Daily Math Week 1.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Friday of Daily Language Week 1.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
• colour and add a background for the Library Lion
• watch a video about lions and write out some facts
• share a lion joke
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• What do you think the story is about?
• Do you think the story will be make-believe? Tell me more.
• What do you think you know about Lions?
• What are some rules for visiting a library?
Step 2: Read Library Lion by Michelle Knudsen
If you have the book Library Lion, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• Who is the main character in the story?
• Why do you think the Lion came early each day?
• Where do you think the Lion came from?
• What was your favourite part of the story?
• What do you think happened the next when the story ended?
Step 4: Learn About Real Lions
Now, it’s time to learn about real lions. Check out the video below and learn all about lions.
Print off the document below and complete a non-fiction report.
Step 5: Colouring a Lion
Great progress today! Next, onto colouring! Print off the colouring document located at the link below.
Work with your child to complete the activity. Where is the lion? Add a background.
Part D: Time to Draw!
Time for an art break!
You’ve done such a great job today – next it’s time to get creative.
Click on the link below to watch the video and create your own abstract design.