Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Friday of Daily Math Week 2.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Friday of Daily Language Week 2.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
• brainstorm a new adventure for Peter Rabbit
• colour your own Peter Rabbit and a background
• write about your own garden
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• What do you think the story is about?
• Do you think the story will be make-believe? Tell me more.
Step 2: Read The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter
If you have the book The Tale of Peter Rabbit, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• Were you surprised when Mr. McGregor chased Peter?
• What happened next?
• What did Peter do when he could not get back home?
• Peter did something naughty; what was it?
• Can you name Peter’s brothers and sisters?
• What do you think Peter will do next time he goes off with Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton-Tail?
• What was your favourite part of the story?
Step 4: Thinking About the Story
Time to put on your thinking cap! Once you have finished reading the story / watching the video answer some questions about the story.
Print off the document below.
Step 5: Peter Rabbit Colouring Fun
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself!
Next, onto colouring! Where is Peter Rabbit? Add a background. Print off the colouring document located at the link below.
Step 6: Make Your Own Garden
Part D: Get Moving – Animal Yoga
Great work today! Time to “hop to it” and have some yoga fun. Click on the link below and try these animal yoga poses.