Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Tuesday of Daily Math Week 4.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Tuesday of Daily Language Week 4.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud watch a video about Memoirs of A Goldfish by Devin Scillian
• think and write about our different feelings
• colour your own fishbowl and add creatures
• write your own memoir
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• Look at the cover page. What do you think the story will be about?
• What is a memoir?
Step 2: Read Memoirs of A Goldfish by Devin Scillian
If you have the book Memoirs of A Goldfish read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• Is this story fiction or non-fiction? What do you think and why?
• What are some feelings that the goldfish showed through the story?
• Did you like the ending of the story? Explain.
• Pick your favourite illustration from the story. Why did you pick that illustration?
Step 4: Word Search
Next, print the following page and complete the word search. Discuss why some of these words were included in the word search.
Step 5: Get Creative!
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself
Next, onto colouring your own fishbowl. What creatures live in the fishbowl? Give each creature an interesting name. Share why you chose each name. Don’t forget to add lots of detail to your picture!
Step 6: Write Your Own Memoir
Have fun writing your own memoir over the course of a week. Draw and write about your routine.
Part D: Get Moving – Big Fish, Little Fish, Cardboard Box Dance
At the end of the day, let out some energy and dance! Check out the link below and have fun learning this dance!