Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Monday of Daily Math Week 4.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Monday of Daily Language Week 4.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• Read aloud or watch a video about The TRUE Story of the 3 Little Pigs by A.Wolf by Jon Scieszka
• Write a book review
• Learn how to draw a cartoon Pig
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• Look at the cover page. What do you think the story will be about?
• Are you familiar with the story of “The Three Little Pigs?”
• Who do you think is going to tell the story?
Step 2: Read The TRUE Story of the 3 Little Pigs by A.Wolf by Jon Scieszka
If you have the book The TRUE Story of the 3 Little Pigs by A. Wolf read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• How do you think the Wolf’s version of the story is different from the pigs?
• Who do you believe?
• What is your favourite part of the story?
Step 4: Reading Response – Write a Book Review
Think about the story and write a book review. Would you recommend the book? Draw a picture and write a review.
Just click the link and print off the worksheet below.
Part D: Get Creative – Draw a Cartoon Pig
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should be very proud of yourself. 🙂
Next, learn how to draw your own cartoon pig! Make sure to add a house for your pig to your picture. Add lots of details to show what your pig’s house is made of.
Click on the link below.
Consider hanging the completed art on the fridge or another special spot afterwards as a way to recognize your child for their fantastic effort and imagination!