Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Tuesday of Daily Math Week 1.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Tuesday of Daily Language Week 1.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
• create a missing poster for Harry the Dirty Dog
• go on a neighbourhood walk
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• What do you think the story is about?
• In this story, Harry runs away. How do you think his family will get him back?
• Have you ever had to do something you didn’t want to do but needed to do it because it was good for you? Tell me about it.
Step 2: Read Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion
If you have the book Harry the Dirty Dog read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 3: Missing Poster
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should be very proud of yourself 🙂
Next, onto creating a missing poster for Harry the Dirty Dog! Encourage your child to add details to their poster and to print neatly. Consider hanging the completed missing poster on the fridge afterwards as a way to congratulate your child for their hard work!
Print off the document located at the link below.
Part D: Outdoor Activity – Neighbourhood Walk
Time for some outdoor fun!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to go outside. Remember to maintain your “social distance” from others!
Take a walk in your neighbourhood and make a list of the places you would go if you were Harry the Dirty Dog.
Example – Harry might want to hide under the slide at the playground or behind a bush in your yard.
Print the following document and follow the instructions.