Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Monday of Daily Math Week 1.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Monday of Daily Language Week 1.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about Clark the Shark by Bruce Hale
• complete a word search for Clark the Shark
• exercise rhyme and freeze
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• What do you think the story is about?
Step 2: Read Clark the Shark by Bruce Hale
If you have the book Clark the Shark, read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• How does Clark show he is a good friend to his new classmate
• What does this story remind you of?
• What was your favourite part of the story?
In the story, Clark makes a rhyme to help him remember every time. Can you make up a rhyme to help you stay in control of your behaviour? Give it a try! What other rhymes can you make up?
Step 4: Word Search
Next, print the following word search page and work with your child to complete it.
Part D: Get Moving! Exercise, Rhyme and Freeze
Time for some exercise and rhyming fun! Watch the video and exercise, rhyme and freeze!
When you hear two words that rhyme, exercise! When you hear two words that don’t rhyme freeze!
Click on the link below to watch the video.