Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Wednesday of Daily Math Week 1.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Wednesday of Daily Language Week 1.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about Carla’s Sandwich by Debbie Herman
• answer the questions about the story
• write an explanation for how to do something
• do a word search about Carla’s Sandwich
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• Does everyone like the same foods? Tell me about the foods you like.
• Do you like to try new food? Tell why or why not.
Step 2: Read Carla’s Sandwich by Debbie Herman
If you have the book Carla’s Sandwich, read it aloud to your child.
Those of you who do not have the book can watch the following video:
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• Why does Buster decide to try the sandwich?
• Why didn’t anyone want to sit next to Carla?
• Tell about a time when you tried something new and were pleasantly surprised, like Buster.
• Make up your own unique sandwich and describe it.
Step 4: Write an Explanation
Have your child think of a unique sandwich and write about how to make it.
The explanation document can be found at the link below.
Encourage your child to try a new food each day for a week, or even longer! What do they like? Have your child help prepare a meal.
Step 5: Word Search
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself 🙂
Your child will work on a word search puzzle about Carla’s Sandwich.
The word search document can be found at the link below.
Part D: Yoga Time!
Time for some yoga fun!
You’ve done such a great job today – next you get to stretch and relax.
Click on the link below to watch the video.