Part A: Daily Math Skills
Step 1: Complete Wednesday of Daily Math Week 3.
Step 2: Practice your addition skills HERE
Step 3: Practice your subtraction skills HERE
Part B: Daily Language Skills
Step 1: Complete Wednesday of Daily Language Week 3.
Part C: Story Time
Today, we’re going to…
• read aloud or watch a video about Please Please the Bees by Gerald Kelley
• colour and add a background for a bee
• learn how bees help give us fruit write about your own bee garden
• check out a video about life in a beehive
• complete a colouring page
• do some dancing
Step 1: Before Reading Discussion Starters
Consider asking the following…
• Look at the cover of the book. What do you think the story will be about?
• Share what you think you know about bees and honey.
• Do you think it is important for humans to be respectful of animals and nature?
Step 2: Read Please Please the Bees by Gerald Kelley
If you have the book Please Please the Bees read it aloud to your child.
For those of you who do not have the book, watch the following video.
Step 3: Post Reading Discussion Starters
• Do you think life is sweet for Benedict as a bear?
• Why do the bees go on strike? What does it mean to “go out on strike?”
• What do you think the bees mean when they say the beehive is a wreck?
• If you were a bee, would you be tired of doing all the work around the hive?
• How can we show respect to animals and nature?
• What is your favourite part of the story?
Step 4: Learn About Bees – Design a Garden
Let’s learn about how bees help give us tasty and juicy fruit to eat. Just click on the link below and watch and learn.
Next, design a garden for bees and write about your garden. Just print the document below.
CLICK TO VIEW WRITING WORKSHEET
Step 5: Every Bee Has a Job
Time to learn about life in a beehive? Every bee has a special job!!
Click on the link to learn about life in a beehive.
Step 6: Get Creative – Draw a Bee
Wow! You’re making great progress – you should very proud of yourself 🙂
Next, onto colouring! Print off the colouring document located at the link below. Colour in a bee and add a background to the picture.
CLICK TO VIEW BEE COLOURING WORKSHEET
Part D: Get Moving – The Bee Dance
You’ve done such a great job today!
Just click on the link below and follow and dance along with the video to do the bee dance.