How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Wind Makes Things Move
Wind is air that is moving. Moving air pushes on things. That is how wind makes things move. You cannot see wind, but you can see when wind makes things move.
Wind Makes Trees Move
Wind makes tree branches move. The branches move back and forth. The leaves move in the wind. Wind can blow leaves off trees. Then the wind blows the leaves through the air.
Wind Makes Flags Move
A flag flies when wind makes it move. Moving air pushes on the flag. The flag hangs down when there is no wind.
Wind Makes Kites Fly
You need wind to fly a kite. The wind pushes the kite up into the air. The kite is on a string. You need to hold on tight to the string. The wind will blow your kite away if you let go of the string.
Wind Makes Clouds Move
A cloud moves across the sky. What makes the cloud move? Wind is pushing on the cloud. Strong wind makes clouds move quickly. Clouds move slowly when the wind is not strong.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is wind?CorrectIncorrect
2. How does wind make things move?CorrectIncorrect
3. Kim watched a cloud move across the sky. The cloud started moving faster.
Why did the cloud start moving faster?CorrectIncorrect
4. Fill in the blanks using information from the text.
Moving air on the flag. The flag hangs when there is no wind.
5. You can see wind.CorrectIncorrect