How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
How to share this Lesson/Activity with Microsoft Teams:
- To share this lesson/activity with Microsof Teams, click "Continue with Microsoft" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Microsoft Teams" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the story White or Grey, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
White or Grey?
Kojo and Tumo were best friends. They both liked to play games and tell jokes. Kojo always had funny jokes to tell. The jokes Tumo told were not very funny, but Kojo always laughed at them anyway. The two boys lived in houses across the street from each other.
One day, an old woman decided to play a trick on the two friends. She made a coat that was grey on the left side and white on the right side. Then she walked down the street singing very loudly. Kojo and Tumo looked out their front windows to see who was singing. Kojo saw only the grey side of the woman’s coat. Tumo saw only the white side of the coat.
The next day, Tumo and Kojo were talking outside. “Did you see the woman in the white coat who was singing?” asked Kojo.
“Yes, I saw the woman,” said Tumo. “Her coat was grey, not white.”
Kojo and Tumo began to argue about what colour the woman’s coat was. Then the woman came up to them. She was carrying a big bag. “You two should stop arguing,” she said.
The woman took the coat out of the bag. She showed them that it was grey on one side and white on the other side. “Sometimes, two people who argue are both right,” she said.
Kojo and Tumo looked at each other and smiled. They stopped arguing, and they are still best friends today.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
Brain Stretch: Kojo is trying to be a good friend to Tumo by laughing at his jokes even though they are not funny. What are other ways you can be a good friend?
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. The jokes Tumo tells are not very funny. Why does Kojo laugh at them anyway?CorrectIncorrect
2. Fill in the blank.CorrectIncorrect
3. Why does the old woman sing very loudly when she walks down the street?CorrectIncorrect
4. A cause is what makes an effect happen.Which sentence tells the cause? Which sentence tells the effect? Drag each sentence to the correct spot.
- The woman’s coat is a different colour on each side.
- The two friends each think the coat is a different colour.
5. What colour coat did Kojo see?CorrectIncorrect