How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Where Is the Water?
Water is all around us.
• Lakes, rivers, and streams are full of water.
• High in the sky, clouds contain tiny water drops.
• There is water under the ground, too. If you dig in a garden, you may find the soil is damp. There is water in the soil.
Where Do We Get Water?
Some people get water from a well. Where do people who live in towns and cities get water?
Towns and cities hold water in reservoirs. A reservoir looks like a lake. Some reservoirs are created by people. A water tower is like a reservoir.
Water leaves the reservoir through large pipes. It travels through many pipes before it gets to your home.
Did you know that water is treated? This makes water safe to use. You can help keep water clean. Here is one way:
Clean up after your pet. Pet waste can get into the water. This can make water unsafe.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Water only comes from lakes and rivers.CorrectIncorrect
2. Where do people who live in towns and cities get their water?CorrectIncorrect
3. What do clouds contain?CorrectIncorrect
4. Water is treated to make it safe to use.CorrectIncorrect
5. Water is found only above ground.CorrectIncorrect