How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
When You Are Sick
It is not fun to be sick. You might cough or sneeze. You might get a runny nose or have a sore throat. Germs got into your body and made you sick. It is important not to spread those germs. The germs could make other people sick, too.
Here are some ways you can stop germs from spreading to other people.
Wash Your Hands Often
Germs can get onto your hands. Then the germs can go onto people or things you touch. Wash your hands often so you do not spread germs. Washing your hands gets rid of the germs on them.
Cover Your Mouth When You Cough
A cough sends germs from inside your body into the air. Those germs could make other people sick. Cover your mouth when you cough. That will help to keep germs from spreading.
Do not cover your mouth with your hand when you cough. Germs will get on your hand. You will spread those germs when you touch things. Cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow. You do not touch things with the inside of your elbow, so germs will not spread.
Stay Away from Other People
You might spread germs to people you play with. They might get sick. Try not to get close to other people when you are sick. Tell your friends you will play with them when you are feeling better.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is one way your body tells you that you might be sick?CorrectIncorrect
2. Why is it important not to spread germs when you are sick?CorrectIncorrect
3. Why did the author write this text?CorrectIncorrect
4. Covering a cough or sneeze with your hand helps spread fewer germs. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect
5. Why is it important to stay away from friends until you are feeling better?CorrectIncorrect