Read the Following Selection
Read about smoke detectors, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
What Is a Smoke Detector?
A smoke detector tells you when there is smoke from something burning.
When there is smoke, a smoke detector starts to beep very loudly. This warns people that there may be a fire.
What should you do when a smoke detector is beeping loudly?
Here is what to do:
First, go outside.
Next, find an adult.
Finally, ask for help.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A smoke detector tells you when there is smoke from something burning.CorrectIncorrect
2. What sound does it make?CorrectIncorrect
3. If you hear a smoke detector, what do you do:
find an adult
ask for help
4. True or false: A smoke detector lets you know when dinner is ready.CorrectIncorrect
5. True or false: A smoke detector beeps loudly.CorrectIncorrect