How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
What Does a Zookeeper Do?
A zookeeper works in a zoo. Zookeepers do many important jobs.
Looking After Animals
A zookeeper’s most important job is to look after the animals. Every day, the zookeeper makes sure the animals have food and water. The zookeeper also cleans the spaces where the animals live.
Caring for Sick Animals
A zookeeper watches the animals to see if any are sick or have hurt themselves. The zookeeper works with a veterinarian (an animal doctor) to look after sick or injured animals.
Helping Baby Animals
Sometimes an animal has a baby and does not want to look after it. The zookeeper might feed the baby from a bottle. The zookeeper will also play with the baby and give it lots of love.
Working with Visitors
Lots of visitors come to see the animals in a zoo. The zookeeper makes sure that visitors do not feed the animals. Some animals might get sick if people feed them the wrong kind of food.
Sometimes visitors might run toward animals or shout at them. This can make the animals upset. A zookeeper makes sure that visitors do not upset the animals.
Visitors often have lots of questions about the animals. Zookeepers learn all about the animals they look after. They can answer most of the questions people have.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is the main idea in this text?CorrectIncorrect
2. When would a zookeeper feed a baby animal from a bottle?CorrectIncorrect
3. The text tells three things a visitor should not do at a zoo. What are they?
Great answer!Great answer!
Type your response above.
4. The zookeeper makes sure that visitors do not feed or bother the animals.CorrectIncorrect
5. Fill in the blank using information from the text.
The zookeeper works with a (an animal doctor) to look after sick or injured animals.