How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
What Does a School Librarian Do?
Mr. Tanaka is a school librarian. School librarians do many different jobs. Read about some of the jobs a school librarian does.
Helping Students Find Books
A school librarian helps students find books. Paula asked Mr. Tanaka to help her find a picture book. “I like stories about animals,” Paula said. Mr. Tanaka showed Paula where to find picture books. He showed her some books with stories about animals.
Making Sure Books Are in the Right Place
A school librarian makes sure all the books are where they belong. Books about different topics each have a special place in the library.
Mr. Tanaka saw a book about rocks was on the wrong shelf. He put the book on a shelf with other books about rocks.
Teaching Students About Books
A school librarian teaches students about books. Today, Mr. Tanaka is teaching students about the front cover of a book. “You can find the name of the author on the front cover,” Mr. Tanaka tells the students.
Choosing New Books
A school librarian chooses new books for the library. “Many students want books about dinosaurs,” said Mr. Tanaka. “We have only four books about dinosaurs in the library.” Mr. Tanaka is going to get some new books about dinosaurs for the school library.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is the main topic of this text?CorrectIncorrect
2. Does this text tell all the jobs a school librarian does?CorrectIncorrect
3. Mr. Tanaka moved a book about rocks. Where was the right place for the book?CorrectIncorrect
4. Mr. Tanaka is showing students the title page of a book. “The title page of a book tells the title and the author,” he says.
Which job is Mr. Tanaka doing?CorrectIncorrect
5. Mr. Tanaka is getting more storybooks about animals because the library only has four. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect