How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
What Does a Crossing Guard Do?
Mrs. Hill works as a school crossing guard. Read the questions and answers to find out about her work.
Mrs. Hill helps children cross the street safely. She works on a street near the school. Children cross this street when they come to school. They cross the street again when they go home from school.
Mrs. Hill walks into the street. She holds up a sign that says STOP. She blows a whistle. All the cars must stop. Mrs. Hill tells the children when it is safe to cross the street.
Mrs. Hill wears a vest with bright colours. The bright colours make the vest easy to see. Car drivers need to see Mrs. Hill when she is in the street. The vest helps keep Mrs. Hill safe.
Time to Work
Mrs. Hill works in the morning before school starts. She also works at lunchtime. Then she works again when school is over for the day.
Mrs. Hill does not work on Saturdays and Sundays. She does not work at all in July and August.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Which subheading in the text would you look under to find out about a school crossing guard’s vest?CorrectIncorrect
2. Why is a school crossing guard’s vest easy to see?CorrectIncorrect
3. What is something a school crossing guard needs at work?CorrectIncorrect
4. Does Mrs. Hill’s vest help keep her arms warm?CorrectIncorrect
5. Mrs. Hill works on the weekend because there is still school. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect