How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about wedges, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Wedges At Work
Wedges are simple machines. They make work easier.
Wedges can do different things.
An axe is used to split wood.
The blade of a knife is a wedge.
It is used to cut food.
A doorstop is a wedge. You slip it under
a door to stop it from closing.
Did You Know?
Your front teeth are wedges. Wedges can cut up things. Your teeth cut a bite of apple away from the rest of the apple.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A wedge is made of one or two inclined planes ending in what?CorrectIncorrect
2. A wedge is a smaller version of an inclined plane.CorrectIncorrect
3. Choose the item that is a wedge.CorrectIncorrect
4. How do wedges make work easier?CorrectIncorrect
5. Can you think of another example of a wedge?
Great answer!Great answer!
Type your response above.