How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about transforming energy, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Energy exists in different forms. Electricity is one type of energy. Heat, light, and sound are also forms of energy. Motion is another form of energy.
You can change one form of energy into another. In fact, you do this every day. You turn motion into heat when you rub your hands together. A light bulb turns electricity into light. A wall clock turns electrical energy into the motion of the hands.
Some devices give more forms of energy than we want. A blender makes motion (the blades turn), sound energy (noise), and heat (the motor warms up). Sound and heat energy do not help the blender accomplish the task of blending food.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Which forms of energy does a TV use to do its job?CorrectIncorrect
2. Which form of energy does an iron use to do its job?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which forms of energy does an electric can opener use to do its job?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which form of energy does a flashlight use to do its job?CorrectIncorrect
5. Which form of energy does a power drill use to do its job?CorrectIncorrect