How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Things with Wheels
Wheels make heavy things easier to move.
Going on a Trip
How do you take clothes with you when you go away? You can put them in luggage. Luggage full of clothes can be heavy. It is hard work to carry heavy luggage. Some people have luggage with wheels on the bottom. It is easy to pull luggage that has wheels.
Have you been to a store to shop for food? You can put things you want to buy in a basket. A basket is heavy to carry when there are lots of things in it. People use a grocery cart when they want to buy lots of food. A grocery cart has wheels. Pushing a grocery cart is easier than carrying a heavy basket.
Cleaning the House
Mr. Pinto wants to vacuum under his couch. The couch is heavy, but he knows it will be easy to move. The couch has wheels on the bottom. Mr. Pinto pulls the couch away from the wall.
“Look at all that dust!” he says. He turns on the vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner is heavy, but it is easy to move back and forth. Can you guess why?
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Why is Mr. Pinto’s vacuum cleaner easy to move back and forth?CorrectIncorrect
2. What idea did the author want to explain in this text?CorrectIncorrect
3. Look in the text to find the answers to this riddle:
You put more and more things inside me as you push me along. What am I?CorrectIncorrect
4. Look in the text to find the answers to this riddle:
You put things inside me. I do not always have wheels, but I am easy to pull when I do. What am I?CorrectIncorrect
5. Look in the text to find the answers to this riddle:
You have to push and pull when you use me. Wheels make me easy to move. I get rid of dust. What am I?CorrectIncorrect