How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Things That Spin
Objects spin when they turn around in a circle.
A Ferris wheel is fun because it spins. It turns around and around in a circle. People go high, then low, then high again as the Ferris wheel spins. It is fun to go up high on a Ferris wheel.
The wheels on a bike spin. Each wheel moves around and around in a circle. When you go fast on a bike, the wheels spin quickly. You cannot go anywhere on a bike if the wheels do not spin.
Have you ever been on a merry-go-round? A merry-go-round spins. The horses move around and around in a circle as the merry-go-round spins. The merry-go-round stops spinning when the ride is over.
The blades on a fan spin. Turn the fan on and the blades move around and around in a circle. The spinning blades make air move. Then you have a nice breeze to cool you down.
Can you spin? Yes, you can! First, you need to stand up. Turn your body around in a circle. You can move your feet, but keep them in the same spot on the floor. Do not spin fast and do not turn in a circle too many times. Spinning can make you dizzy and you might fall down.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is an object doing when it spins?CorrectIncorrect
2. How does a fan make a breeze?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which part of the picture below spins?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which part of the picture below spins?CorrectIncorrect
5. To not hurt yourself while spinning do not spin fast and do not turn in a circle too many times. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect