How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
The Seasons Make Animals Change
Animals change as the seasons change.
• Many animals are born or hatch.
• Parent animals feed and raise their babies.
• Many insects appear.
• Animals need to stay cool. Some sleep in the shade. Bats hang in cool, dark caves.
• Birds splash in water to cool down.
• Some birds migrate, or fly south, to where the weather is warmer. Butterflies migrate, too.
• Some animals collect food for the winter.
• Animals such as bears hibernate, or go to sleep.
• Animals such as dogs grow thick fur to keep warm.
• Some animals change colour. Some rabbits grow a white coat to hide in the snow.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What season do some rabbits grow a white coat?CorrectIncorrect
2. What season do parent animals feed their babies?CorrectIncorrect
3. What season do many insects appear?CorrectIncorrect
4. What season do some animals collect food for winter?CorrectIncorrect
5. What animal hibernates in the winter?CorrectIncorrect