How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
The Seasons and the Environment
How we use energy depends on the season.
The weather gets colder in fall. We turn on the heat in our homes to keep warm.
In summer, the air is hot. We turn on the air conditioner to keep cool. We fill the outdoor pool with water. Then we can swim to cool off.
All these things use energy. Energy is used to power the furnace. Energy is used to pump water and heat the pool.
We need to be careful about the energy we use.
Here are some ways to use less energy:
In the winter, turn down the heat. Put on a sweater.
On a hot day, close the curtains to block the sunlight.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Energy is used to heat a home with what?CorrectIncorrect
2. Energy is used to heat which item?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which place uses energy to create ice in the summer?CorrectIncorrect
4. How does an air conditioner use energy in a home?CorrectIncorrect
5. What clothing could you put on if it’s hot?CorrectIncorrect