How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Television and Computer Time
You can learn many interesting things from a television show or website. Some computer games also help you learn. You might use a computer and the Internet to help you with homework.
Some kids spend almost all their free time watching television or using a computer. Here are two reasons why this is not good:
1. Not Getting Enough Exercise
When you sit in front of a television or computer, you do not move very much. This means your body is not getting exercise. People need exercise every day to stay healthy. Exercise can help your body fight germs that make you sick. Getting exercise will help you sleep better at night. It is easier to learn at school if you had good sleep the night before.
2. Not Spending Enough Time with Friends
Spending time with friends is an important part of growing up. It helps you learn how to get along with other people. If you are sad or worried about something, talking with a friend can help you feel better. Playing and laughing with friends are fun ways to spend time. Do not spend too much time in front of the television or computer. Spend time with friends instead.
It is fine to watch television and play computer games just for fun. Just make sure you do not spend too much time on the computer or watching television. Go outside, enjoy the fresh air, and do something active with a friend. You will be healthier and happier if you do!
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Why can spending too much time in front of a television or computer be bad for your health?CorrectIncorrect
2. What is one way that exercise can help you stay healthy?CorrectIncorrect
3. Do you agree that kids should not spend almost all their free time watching television or using a computer? Tell why or why not.
Great answer!Great answer!
Type your response above.
4. Fill in the blank using information from the text.
Getting exercise will help you better at night.
5. Sitting in front of the TV all day is a healthy way to spend your day.CorrectIncorrect