How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about staying safe, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Some liquids and solids are dangerous. Some can burn you. Others can harm lakes and rivers. Some liquids and solids can poison animals.
These are some symbols you may see on dangerous liquids and solids. Ask an adult for help if you see these symbols.
This symbol means what is inside can burn your skin. Bottles of bleach have this symbol.
This symbol means poison is inside. Detergents and other cleaners have this symbol.
This symbol means what is inside can catch fire. This symbol is on hairspray and oven cleaner.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Choose the way safety symbols help keep people safe.CorrectIncorrect
2. You should mever put a dangerous substance in a different container.CorrectIncorrect
3. Match each safety symbol to its meaning.
- Contents can burn skin.
- Poison inside.
- Contents can catch on fire.
4. Only liquids can have safety labels.CorrectIncorrect
5. What safety symbol does bleach have?CorrectIncorrect