How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Stay Safe in the Sun
The sun is good for your body. Sunshine helps your body make vitamin D. Vitamins help keep your body strong and healthy.
The sun can also be dangerous. Here are some ways to stay safe in the sun.
Protect Your Skin
Too much sun can give you a sunburn. A sunburn makes your skin red and sore. Use sunscreen to protect your skin. Sunscreen keeps you from getting a sunburn.
You can also wear a hat with a brim. The brim protects your face from the sun. Wearing a hat can keep your face from getting a sunburn.
You cannot see the sun on a cloudy day. Sunshine goes through clouds. That is why there is light on a cloudy day. You need to protect your skin even if it is a cloudy day.
Protect Your Eyes
Too much sunshine can hurt your eyes. Try not to look right at the sun. The sun is very bright and it can hurt your eyes. Wearing a hat with a brim can help keep the sun out your eyes.
Sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun. Sunglasses are dark. They let only a little bit of light go into your eyes.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What did the author of the text want to explain?CorrectIncorrect
2. What is one way that the sun can be dangerous?CorrectIncorrect
3. How do you know if you have a sunburn?CorrectIncorrect
4. Sunglasses are dark so they will let only a little bit of light into your eyes. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect
5. What helps protect your skin from the sun?CorrectIncorrect