How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about screws, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
A screw is an inclined plane twisted around a rod. Screws can join, cut, lift, or push. Screws make work easier. They are simple machines.
Where Screws Are Used
Builders attach wood with screws.
Jars have lids that screw on. The screw
shape holds the lid tight on the jar.
A jack lifts a car so you can change
a tire. The jack uses a large screw.
A twirling piano stool uses a screw.
The seat twirls up and down.
Drill bits are shaped like screws
to make holes in materials such as wood.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Fill in the blanks using the words from the text.
A screw is an plane twisted around a .
2. How does a screw make work easier?CorrectIncorrect
3. Is a lightbulb a screw?CorrectIncorrect
4. A saw is a screw.CorrectIncorrect
5. Think about screws at home. Give an example.
Great answer!Great answer!
Type your response above.