How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
People on the Move
How do people go places in a community?
Some people have a car. They drive to places they want to go. There are roads to drive on in the community. People park their cars in driveways, on the side of a street, or in a parking lot. Some people drive a van or a truck instead of a car.
Some people take a bus. Most communities have buses that take people to different places. People wait at a bus stop until the bus comes. They pay when they get on the bus.
Some people take a taxi. A taxi is a car that drives people where they want to go. People call a taxi company. They tell the taxi company where to send a taxi to pick them up. When people get in a taxi, they tell the taxi driver where they are going. People pay the taxi driver at the end of the trip.
Some big cities have a subway. A subway has trains that drive in underground tunnels. People go to a subway station to get on a train. They pay before they get on the train.
Some people ride bikes. Some communities have special bike lanes on some roads. Only bikes can go in bike lanes. Cars and buses cannot drive in bike lanes. Bike lanes keep people on bikes safe.
Some people walk. Many streets have sidewalks for people to walk on. Walking on a sidewalk is safer than walking on a street.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is the main topic of this text?CorrectIncorrect
2. What does a taxi driver do?CorrectIncorrect
3. Can trucks go in bike lanes?CorrectIncorrect
4. Why do bike lanes keep people on bikes safe?CorrectIncorrect
5. Jacob and his mom are going to the doctor. They pay at the beginning of the trip. They do not travel underground.
How are Jacob and his mom getting to the doctor?CorrectIncorrect