How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
How to share this Lesson/Activity with Microsoft Teams:
- To share this lesson/activity with Microsof Teams, click "Continue with Microsoft" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Microsoft Teams" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Did you know that Parliament Hill is the core of government in Canada? The Parliament Buildings are six storeys high and located in our country’s capital, Ottawa, Ontario. Parliament Hill stands beside the Ottawa River near the Rideau Canal on the area’s highest point. Carved into the 15 statues on the grounds and the walls of the striking Parliament Buildings are symbols showing Canada’s unique history and culture. Parliament Hill is where most of the operations of the federal government takes place. It contains the House of Commons, the Senate, and other committee rooms.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Read more about the history of Parliament Hill and see some of the many Parliament Buildings by visiting the following website:
Please note that the above link may contain external advertisements.
1. Would you like to visit the Parliament Buildings? Explain why or why not.
Great answer!Great answer!
Type your response above.