How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about objects and materials, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
More About Objects and Materials
It is important to choose the right materials to make an object. This helps an object do its job.
Sandpaper is made from paper with sand on it. Sandpaper is rough and bumpy.
Sandpaper can be used to smooth off the rough edges on wood.
Scissors are made from plastic and steel.
The steel is sharp to be able to cut paper.
The plastic handles make the scissors easier to hold.
Chair seats can be made from different materials.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is this chair seat made of?CorrectIncorrect
2. What are these boots made of?CorrectIncorrect
3. What is this pencil made of?CorrectIncorrect
4. What is this jar made of?CorrectIncorrect
5. Why is it important to choose the right materials to make an object?CorrectIncorrect