How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
How to share this Lesson/Activity with Microsoft Teams:
- To share this lesson/activity with Microsof Teams, click "Continue with Microsoft" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Microsoft Teams" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about matter, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Matter is Everywhere
Look around you. How are juice, a horse, and steam alike? They are all made of matter. Matter is anything that takes up space and has mass. Everything can be sorted into one of three states of matter: solid, liquid, or gas.
Matter can be in a solid state.
Matter can be in a liquid state.
Matter can be in the gas state.
Did you know there are different types of solids? Some solids are hard. Some solids are soft. Ice and books are solids. Feathers and pillows are solids. Rocks and leaves are solids found in nature.
• Solids take up space. The amount of space does not change.
• Solids keep the same shape.
• Solids can break, but they are still solid.
Did you know there are different types of liquids? Milk and water are liquids. Some liquids are thick such as maple syrup. Rain and tree sap are liquids found in nature.
• Liquids flow.
• Liquids can be poured.
• Liquids take the shape of the container they are in.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is a chair?CorrectIncorrect
2. Choose the liquid.CorrectIncorrect
3. Choose the solid.CorrectIncorrect
4. Is a baseball a solid?CorrectIncorrect
5. Is ice a liquid?CorrectIncorrect