Ontario Curriculum Expectation:
5.E1.5 describe and perform translations, reflections, and rotations up to 180° on a grid, and predict the results of these transformations.
Time limit: 0
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Triangle XYZ is shown on the coordinate grid.
If you reflect Triangle XYZ over the vertical line shown, which ordered pair shows the new location of point Y on the coordinate grid?CorrectIncorrect
2. Rectangle JKLM is shown.
If you rotate Rectangle JKLM 90 degrees around Point X, which figure would result?CorrectIncorrect
3. Figure QRSTU is shown on the coordinate grid.
If you slide Figure QRSTU 6 spaces to the right and 3 spaces up, which statements are true about the new figure?
Which THREE answers are correct?CorrectIncorrect
4. Point B is shown on the coordinate grid.
What ordered pair would represent the new location of Point B if the figure was reflected over the horizontal line shown? Fill in the blanks with your answer.
( , )
5. Figure 1 is shown.
What would be the new figure if Figure 1 was translated, reflected over a vertical line, and rotated 90 degrees? Match the transformation with the new figure.
Figure 1 if translated to the right
Figure 1 if reflected over a vertical line
Figure 1 if rotated 90 degrees to the right
6. A Figure is shown on the coordinate grid below.
If you slide the Figure 4 spaces to the left and 2 spaces down, which coordinate would Point D be on?
Point D would be on ( , )
7. Figure 1 is shown below. Which image represents Figure 1 when it is flipped vertically and rotated 90 degrees to the left?CorrectIncorrect
8. What ordered pair would represent the new location of Point A if the figure was reflected over the vertical line shown?CorrectIncorrect
9. True or false, Figure 2 is the horizontal reflection of Figure 1.CorrectIncorrect
10. True or false, Figure 2 is the representation of Figure 1 rotated 90 degrees right.CorrectIncorrect