Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
As a little girl, Julie Payette watched space missions on TV.
She wanted to be an astronaut, too.
When Julie grew up, she trained to go into space.
She learned to fly two types of planes.
Julie also flew in a very special plane.
Being in the plane was like being in space.
Julie went to space two times.
She went on the International Space Station.
Julie was the first Canadian to go on the Space Station.
She liked being an astronaut.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What made Julie want to be an astronaut?CorrectIncorrect
2. In the text, what does the word astronaut mean?CorrectIncorrect
3. Julie was the first Canadian to do something exciting.
What did she do?CorrectIncorrect
4. What did Julie learn to do as part of her training to go into space?CorrectIncorrect
5. Did Julie like being an astronaut?CorrectIncorrect