How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about inclined planes, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Simple machines help you do work. They make work easier. Less push or pull is needed.
A ramp is an inclined plane. It connects a lower place to a higher place. Inclined planes make lifting easier. They are simple machines.
A heavy box can be moved up a ramp and into a truck. Ramps can also help move objects down.
It is difficult to lift a box straight up. Pushing boxes up an inclined plane is easier.
There Are Many Inclined Planes
Cars drive on inclined planes to get to a bridge. Skateboard ramps inclined planes. A ramp for wheelchair users is an inclined plane.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Fill in the blank.
A is an inclined plane.
2. How does a ramp help furniture movers?CorrectIncorrect
3. Is a rollercoaster an inclined plane?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which one is an example of an inclined plane?CorrectIncorrect
5. A ladder is an inclined plane.CorrectIncorrect