How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
How We Use Water at Home
Read about different ways we use water at home.
Water for Drinking
Living things need water. We drink water when we are thirsty. People give water to their pets. Animals need water, too.
Water for Cooking
We use water to cook. People use water to make soup. People use water to cook eggs. Eggs cook in boiling water. Boiling water is very hot. Stay away from boiling water.
Water for Plants
Plants are living things, so plants need water. People water plants in their homes. People water plants in gardens. Garden plants also get water when it rains.
Water for Washing
Water helps make things clean. People use water to take a bath or shower. People also use water when they wash their hands.
People use water to wash clothes. They use water to wash cars and mop floors. Water helps make dirty dishes clean again.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is one reason why people drink water?CorrectIncorrect
2. Why can boiling water hurt you?CorrectIncorrect
3. Water can only be used inside.CorrectIncorrect
4. Hamid was going to water his garden. He looked outside. The dirt in the garden was wet. “I do not need to water my garden today,” he said.
How did the plants in Hamid’s garden probably get water?CorrectIncorrect
5. Fill in the blank using information from the text.
Living things need .