How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
How Do We Use Air?
Read about some different ways people use air.
People need air to breathe. We breathe in to pull air down into our lungs. We push the air out of our lungs when we breathe out. We breathe fast when we run. Our body needs more air when we run.
Bike tires and car tires are filled with air. People use a pump to push air inside tires. A tire gets flat when it has a hole in it. The air inside the tire goes out the hole. People glue a patch on the hole to cover it. Then they use a pump to fill the tire with air again.
People use a hair dryer to dry their hair. The hair dryer sucks in cool air. Next, the hair dryer heats the air to make it warm. Then the hair dryer blows out warm air. Warm moving air makes hair dry quickly.
Some people use a leaf blower to gather leaves. A leaf blower blows out air that pushes leaves. People use a leaf blower to push all the leaves to one spot. Then they put the leaves in garbage bags.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is the main topic in this text?CorrectIncorrect
2. How does your breathing change when your body needs more air?CorrectIncorrect
3. What is one thing that a leaf blower and a hair dryer both do?CorrectIncorrect
4. Answer the riddle about something else that uses air.
I move across a floor.
I pull air inside me.
When I pull air inside, dirt comes, too.
What am I?CorrectIncorrect
5. If a bike tire has a hole in it that you don’t patch up, it will stay full after filling it with air. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect