How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
How Communities Change
Communities do not stay the same. Over time, communities change.
People in a Community
The people in a community change. Rosa lived across the street from the house where the Lee family lived. Then the Lee family moved to a different city.
Mr. Goldman moved into the house after the Lee family moved out. Mr. Goldman is a new person in the community. Rosa and her mother said, “Hi, Mr. Goldman. Welcome to our community.”
Buildings in a Community
The buildings in a community change. There is a big field behind Carl’s house. Construction workers are building houses in the field. Now there are new buildings in Carl’s community.
Sometimes workers tear down an old building in a community. There was an old store near Rosa’s house. Workers tore it down.
“Are they going to build a new building where the store was?” Rosa asked her mother.
“No,” said Rosa’s mother. “They are going to make a park.”
“Good,” said Rosa. “That will be a nice change in our community.”
“Our community is changing all the time,” said Rosa’s mother.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What are two things that can change in a community?CorrectIncorrect
2. Why did the people in Rosa’s community change?CorrectIncorrect
3. Is your school a community that changes?CorrectIncorrect
4. Workers are changing Carl’s community by building new houses. Soon Carl’s community will change in another way. How will it change?CorrectIncorrect
5. The workers in Rosa’s community are replacing the old store with a new building. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect