Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Hospitals and Community Centres
Many cities have a hospital and a community centre.
Some people who are sick go to stay in a hospital. There are many rooms in a hospital. The rooms have beds for sick people. A bed is a good place to rest if you are sick.
Doctors and nurses work at a hospital. They help sick people get better. Many other people work at a hospital, too. Janitors keep hospitals clean. Cooks make food for people in the hospital. Some people wash bed sheets. A hospital needs lots of bedsheets.
People play sports at many community centres. Some community centres have an indoor rink for skating and hockey. There might be a gym for playing sports such as basketball. Sometimes there is a field where people can play soccer and baseball. There is an indoor pool in some community centres. People swim and take swimming lessons.
Most community centres have rooms where people in clubs and groups can meet. Some community centres have clubs for children. The children come together in a room to do lots of fun activities.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Why do sick people in a hospital spend lots of time in bed?CorrectIncorrect
2. Read the second paragraph under the bold subheading Hospital. What is this paragraph is about?CorrectIncorrect
3. Does every city have a hospital and a community centre?CorrectIncorrect
4. An indoor skating rink is an example of a community centre. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect
5. Who keeps hospitals clean?CorrectIncorrect