How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
What Is Fog?
Fog is made of many tiny drops of water. The drops of water float in the air. The drops can float in the air because they are so tiny.
Clouds are also made of tiny drops of water in the air. Fog is like a cloud that is close to the ground.
Fog makes it hard to see far. Very thick fog can make it hard to see things that are close to you.
Why Can Fog Be Dangerous to People?
Fog can be dangerous if you are crossing a street. You might not see a car coming. The driver of a car might not be able to see you. Be very careful crossing a street when it is foggy.
Why Can Fog Be Dangerous to Boats?
Fog can be thick over a lake or ocean. People in a boat can get lost if they cannot see the land. Some places have lighthouses to help people in boats.
A lighthouse is a tall tower with a big, bright light at the top. The light shines out over the water. People in boats can see the bright light when it is foggy. The light helps to keep boats from getting lost.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. How are fog and clouds the same?CorrectIncorrect
2. What is one way that a cloud and fog are different?CorrectIncorrect
3. Crossing the street in the fog can be dangerous.CorrectIncorrect
4. Fill in the blanks using information from the text.
A ligthouse is a with a big on top.
5. Why are lighthouses always near a lake or an ocean?CorrectIncorrect