How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
What Do Dragonflies Look Like?
A dragonfly has a long body and big wings. Many dragonflies have wings that you can see through. Dragonflies can be different colours.
What Do Dragonflies Eat?
Mosquitoes and flies are two insects that dragonflies eat. Sometimes, a large dragonfly will eat a smaller dragonfly.
How Do Dragonflies Hunt?
Dragonflies use their large eyes to find an insect to eat. They make a basket shape with their legs and trap the insect inside. Next, they bite the insect so it does not get away. Then they find a place to eat it.
How Do Dragonflies Grow?
An adult dragonfly lays eggs in water where plants grow. The baby that comes out of each egg is called a nymph (say it like this: nimf). The nymph does not have wings. It lives in the water.
When the nymph is big enough, it crawls up the stem of a plant to get out of the water. Then the nymph sheds its skin. An adult dragonfly with wings comes out of the old skin.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. How many wings does a dragonfly have?CorrectIncorrect
2. Match how a dragonfly uses the body parts below to help it hunt.
a dragon uses these to find an insect to eat
a dragonfly uses these to make a basket shape and trap the insect inside
a dragonfly uses this to bite the insect so it does not get away
3. Why do dragonflies lay eggs in water that has plants growing out of it?CorrectIncorrect
4. All dragonflies are green. Choose true or false.CorrectIncorrect
5. What happens in the lifecycle of a dragonfly after it becomes an adult?CorrectIncorrect