Ontario Curriculum Expectation:
4.D2.2 make and test predictions about the likelihood that the mean, median, and mode(s) of a data set will be the same for data collected from different populations
Time limit: 0
0 of 10 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 10 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. The mean height for Mrs. Lopes’ Grade 4 students is 130 cm. Is it likely or unlikely that the mean height for Mr. Chen’s Grade 4 class is the same?CorrectIncorrect
2. The mean reading speed for the Grade 4 class is 150 words per minute. Is it likely or unlikely that the mean reading speed for the Grade 2 class is the same?CorrectIncorrect
3. The median bedtime for Mr. Hansen’s Grade 4 class is 9 PM. Is it likely or unlikely that the median bedtime for Ms. Rodriguez’s Grade 4 class is the same?CorrectIncorrect
4. The median price for milk at Daryll’s Deli is $5. Is it likely or unlikely that the median price for milk at Good Eat’s is the same?CorrectIncorrect
5. The mean weight of a Golden Retriever dog is 28 kg. Is it likely or unlikely that the mean weight of a Chihuahua is the same?CorrectIncorrect
6. One student in Mrs. Hart’s class has a lizard for a pet. Is it likely or unlikely that twenty students in Mr. Devi’s class have a lizard as a pet?CorrectIncorrect
7. Most of the Grade 4 students like orange juice. Is it likely or unlikely that most of the Grade 5 students will like orange juice?CorrectIncorrect
8. The students in the Grade 4 class spend a mean of 1 hour reading each night. Is it likely or unlikely the Grade 1 class spends the same amount of time reading each night?CorrectIncorrect
9. Most of Mr. Reid’s Grade 4 class owns a pet. Is it likely or unlikely that none of Ms. Ross’ class owns a pet?CorrectIncorrect
10. The median price for gum at Dave’s Convenience is $1. Is it likely or unlikely that the median price for gum at Peter’s Mart is the same price?CorrectIncorrect