How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Be Active Every Day
People need to be active every day. You are active when you do things that make your body move.
Ways to Be Active
There are lots of ways to be active. Some people like to play sports. Some people like to play tag or skip with a skipping rope. Going for a walk is another way to be active. Everyone can find fun ways to be active. You help your body when you are active.
Helping Your Heart
Your heart pushes blood all through your body. You make your heart work hard when you are active. Your heart gets stronger when you are active every day.
Helping Your Lungs
Your body needs air. You breathe air into your lungs. Your lungs work hard when you are active. You breathe faster when you move quickly. Your lungs work better when you are active every day.
Helping Your Bones
Bones need to be strong. It is easy to break bones that are weak. You help keep your bones strong when you are active every day. You should do something active every day for your whole life. Then your bones will stay strong even when you get old.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. What is your body doing when you are active?CorrectIncorrect
2. What do the pictures show?CorrectIncorrect
3. How does your heart change when you are active every day?CorrectIncorrect
4. You breathe slower when you move quickly. Is this true or false?CorrectIncorrect
5. How can you make sure your bones will still be strong when you are old?CorrectIncorrect