How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about how animals can harm us, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Animals Can Harm Us
Read about how animals can harm people.
Injuries: Some animals are dangerous. They can bite, scratch, or claw people.
It is important to be safe around dogs and prevent bites.
Diseases: Ticks and mosquitoes can spread diseases that make people sick.
Allergies: Some people sneeze and have trouble breathing when they are near certain animals. They have an allergy to the animal. Insect bites and bee stings can cause a rash or itching.
Some people are allergic to cats.
Pests: Some animals harm crops. Deer eat plants in gardens. Birds eat fruit such as berries. Insects such as beetles and grasshoppers eat grains. Termites and ants eat wood in our homes.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Match the animal to its description.
My sting can make you very itchy.
I make some people sneeze.
I can claw and bite people.
I eat plants in your garden.
2. What is one way a mosquito can harm you?CorrectIncorrect
3. Cats are the only animal people can be allergic to.CorrectIncorrect
4. What animal eats grains such as wheat?CorrectIncorrect
5. Fill in the blank using information from the text.
Ticks and mosquitoes can spread that make people sick.