How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read about animals adapting to seasons, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
Animals Adapt to the Seasons
Some animals adapt to changes in the seasons.
Some animals change the colour of their coats to match the season. In the summer, the Arctic fox sheds its white coat for a brown coat.
The Arctic hare has a brown coat in the spring and summer. Its coat blends in with the surroundings. In the fall and winter, the hare has a white coat to blend in with the snow.
Many birds such as Canada geese fly to warmer places for the winter. This is called migration.
Some animals such as caribou migrate in large herds to warmer places.
Some animals hibernate, or sleep, during the winter. Animals hibernate in different ways. Bears sleep most of the winter without waking up.
In winter, a squirrel sleeps for a few days at a time. It wakes up to eat some food. Then it goes back to sleep.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Some animals change colour to match the season.CorrectIncorrect
2. Many birds fly north for the winter.CorrectIncorrect
3. Some animals hibernate during the winter.CorrectIncorrect
4. Squirrels change colour to match the season.CorrectIncorrect
5. Fill in the blank using information from the text.
Bears sleep most of the without waking up.