How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
All About Birds
There are many different types of birds. A robin, an ostrich, and a penguin are all birds. How are all birds the same?
1. All birds have feathers. Feathers help birds stay dry and warm. Feathers also help birds fly.
2. All birds have wings. The wings are covered with feathers. Most birds use their wings to fly. Not all birds can fly. A penguin and an ostrich have wings, but these birds cannot fly.
3. All birds lay eggs. Birds sit on their eggs to keep them warm. A baby bird grows inside each egg. If an egg gets cold, the baby bird growing inside the egg might die.
4. All birds have ear holes, but no ears. You cannot see the ear holes because they are covered with feathers.
5. All birds are warm-blooded. A bird’s body makes its own heat. Feathers help keep the heat inside the bird’s body.
6. All birds have two legs. You will never see a bird that has more than two legs.
7. No birds have teeth. Birds have hard beaks that they use to eat.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. This text answers a question about birds. What is the question?CorrectIncorrect
2. How do feathers help birds stay warm?CorrectIncorrect
3. What part of your body does the same thing as a bird’s beak?CorrectIncorrect
4. Is it true that if an egg gets cold, the baby bird growing inside the egg might die?CorrectIncorrect
5. Based on what you learned, is an owl a bird?CorrectIncorrect