How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read A Trip to the Zoo, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
A Trip to the Zoo
Mom said, “Katie, I have a surprise for you. Today we will go to the zoo.”
Katie clapped her hands and jumped up and down. “I want to see the monkeys first,” she said. “I like to watch them play with each other. Then maybe we can go see the lions and tigers and elephants.”
Mom looked out the window. “We might need our umbrellas. Katie, can you please put our umbrellas by the door so we don’t forget them?”
Katie ran to get the umbrellas. “Mom,” she called. “We don’t have to see the snakes, do we?”
“No,” answered Mom. “We can skip seeing the snakes if you like.”
“Okay, good!” said Katie. “We are going to have a fun day!”
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
Brain Stretch: Choose your favourite animal. Talk about some of the characteristics of this animal (e.g., a lion has four legs, a tail, and fur; a lion can roar and run fast), perhaps after viewing some Internet photos and/or videos of the animal.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. How does Katie feel about going to the zoo?CorrectIncorrect
2. What was Katie’s favourite animal at the zoo?CorrectIncorrect
3. What must Mom see when she looks out the window?CorrectIncorrect
4. What is one animal Katie does not like?CorrectIncorrect
5. What animal would you like to see at the zoo?
Great answer!Great answer!
Type your response above.