How to share this Lesson/Activity with your Google Classroom:
- To share this lesson/activity with Google Classroom, click "Continue with Google" to get started.
- After logging in, click "Add to Google Classroom" to assign this lesson/activity to your students.
Read the Following Selection
Read the following selection, or click on the play button below to listen aloud.
A Trip to a Farm
Lily and Sandro wrote about their class trip to a farm.
Our Class Trip—by Lily
We went to a farm. We saw lots of animals. We saw chickens and sheep and cows.
We saw pigs. There were little baby pigs. They were cute. They have pink noses. Pigs have flat noses.
We saw corn growing. The corn was not very tall. The corn has to grow tall. Then it grows the part you can eat.
Chicks are baby chickens. The chicks are yellow and fluffy. I got to hold a chick. That was the best part of the trip.
Our Trip to a Farm—by Sandro
We went on a trip to a farm. Mr. Crane is the farmer.
The farm has different animals. We fed the pigs. We saw Mr. Crane milk a cow. We saw sheep, too.
The farm has chickens. The chickens lay eggs. Baby chicks come out of the eggs.
Mr. Crane has a tractor. It has big wheels and small wheels.
Mr. Crane let me sit on the tractor. That was the most fun of all.
Now, show what you know!
Complete some questions about the reading selection by clicking “Begin Questions” below.
0 of 5 questions completed
You have already completed this activity. You cannot start it again.
Activity is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to take this activity.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 5 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed.
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Score: of ()
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. Match the person to what they wrote about.
wrote about baby pigs
wrote about Mr. Crane
wrote about sheep
Both Lily and Sandro
2. Match the person to what they wrote about.
- <h4>wrote about corn</h4>
wrote about the tratcor
3. Sandro said the tractor has big wheels and small wheels. Look at the pictures, are the small wheels at the front or the back of the tractor?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which part of the trip did Lily like best?CorrectIncorrect
5. Sandro had the most fun feeding the pigs. Choose true or false.CorrectIncorrect